Saturday 1 December 2012

Advent Sunday.


Tomorrow is Advent Sunday and I finally get to go and worship with my "home" church for the first time in 2 months. I've been on the road now for two months and it's going to seem strange going back to the event of a Sunday morning gathering at Community Church Derby. I've been worshipping in loads of other church settings these last two months from Pentecostal to high church Anglican.... But tomorrow's Advent Sunday and I really hope we do, do Advent. Since turning 50 I've become much more liturgical... Possibly a little Anglican in my spirituality. I like times, seasons, living in the Christian story that liturgical life brings.... Remembering that the events of the Bible set the rhythm of life not the frantic pace of life today. But why do I like Advent? Well it's all about Hope. Hope, that he came like he promised and he's going to come back just like he promised and whilst today doesn't make sense tomorrow will.... So tomorrow I want to do Advent because I want to look forward... With assurance that in the mess that is life .... He is the one thing I can be sure of.

No comments:

Post a Comment