Monday 11 April 2011

They aren't a bunch of stories !

I recently had a profound spiritual experience of the Holy Spirits person and power in a conference where Heidi Baker was speaking. Her Husband Roland and her lead Iris ministries together in Mozambique. This movement has planted thousands of Churches have seen many healed and others raised from the dead. The social impact of their ministry is incredible. thousands of the worlds most deprived people are fed, loved, and healed through the power of Jesus.

While I was "under the power" I felt God speak powerfully to my spirit. He said Ally you love my sovereignty but you doubt what I can do through you. Then came the truly searching question..... "and you knw what that's called don't you" ... Yes Lord I shamefully replied ... Atheism ...

A friend of mine once referred to himself as a practical cessasionist..... Meaning he believed that spiritual gifts still happened today but that he didn't practice them...

My "Heidi moment" as I called it made me ask myself was I in reality on many fronts a deistic follower of Jesus having a form of religion yet denying His mighty working power working in me? Sadly the answer is yes and in some madness reformed religion that denies the present power of the spirit is little more than Calvanistic Deism....
Strong statements yet as I began to read scripture following my moments of personal revival I found that for too long the Bible had been a collection of doctrines ........ And stories ! Yes stories because they weren't my reality due to unbelief and a prevailing mindset soaked in secular humanism that has no problem with a deistic following of christ........ But a living theism that lives in , expects and yearns for the presence an power of the spirit is something very different.

No comments:

Post a Comment